WebOnTop is a high quality directory and to maintain this reputation, we require webmasters to follow certain steps in submitting websites. It should be noted that following these guidelines in no way obligates WebOnTop to accept or publish your site. These guidelines are a minimum:
- We do not accept sites with illegal material including child pornography, adult sites or adult related content, material that infringes any intellectual property right; and material that specifically advocates, solicits or abets illegal activity (such as fraud or violence), Racial Intolerance against any individual/group/organization, vulgarity, Gambling/Casino sites, Warez/ Hacking/Cracking or Sites that contain Illicit Drugs/ Drug Paraphernalia etc.
- Make sure your site is not under construction or incomplete and there are no broken links, incomplete pages, and/or missing or incomplete graphics.
- Site that redirects to another address, Cloaked URLs, and Tracking URL's will not be accepted.
- The site must be in the English language (or have an English version available).
- Please ensure thereâ€™s a category appropriate for your listing. If thereâ€™s not a category for your web site in the directory, consider suggesting it via a contact form or submit to the closest related category and an appropriate category for your listing will be created during review. A site submitted to an inappropriate category will be moved to appropriate category and we reserve the right to place your site in the category as we see best fits.
- Look through the categories available for submission carefully. Sometimes there may be a more relevant/appropriate category in a different main category than the one you selected initially.
- Do not submit mirror sites. Mirror sites are sites that contain identical content, but have altogether different URLs.
- Sites that are made solely for displaying Google AdSense (MFA), Yahoo Publisher Network or other ad formats, sites consisting largely of affiliate links and sites that contain excessive ads, popups or popunders will not be accepted.
Site Title & Description
- Take the time to write a really good description for your web site. Keep in mind that this description may be a representation of your web site for years to come. Ensure that it gives a good impression of your company or web site. Descriptions for web directories should be written in complete sentences or clauses. Description that contains errors, bad grammar or a bunch of keywords that do not form an actual sentence or clause will delay approval.
- Use the Official Company Name for Title.
- Avoid writing title and descriptions that are too promotional or contains limited offers. Do not mention any pricing, telephone numbers, or other information that is subject to change. Web directory titles and descriptions should be as objective as possible. Avoid words like â€˜bestâ€™, â€™leaderâ€™, â€™cheapestâ€™, â€™greatestâ€™, and other similar adjectives.
- Do not include URLs in the description field. (e.g. www.mysite.com).
- Avoid inappropriate CAPITALIZATI0N of words. Write title and description in English only.
- If your link cannot be approved in WebOnTop Directory, for any reason, all fees paid for the submission in question will be refunded. NO REFUNDS ARE GIVEN FOR ANY REASON AFTER YOUR LINK HAS BEEN APPROVED.
We reserve the right to refuse any submission that does not pass the requirements of our submission guidelines or that we otherwise believe, in our sole discretion, should not be included in the directory. We also reserve the right to edit any submission during review process to help ensure they meet our guidelines. Sites that are later found violating our submission guidelines after approval into WebOnTop Directory will be removed.